Mexican Cinnamon Crisps
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 2 mins
- Total Time: 7 mins
- Yield: 96 Crisps 1x
- 1 Cup Granular Sugar
- 2.5 Teaspoons Cinnamon (add a bit more if you like)
- 12 Medium Sized Flour Tortillas
- Vegetable Oil
- In a large bowl or cake pan, blend together sugar and cinnamon. Sit aside.
- Cut the tortillas into fourths and then into eighths.
- In a heavy pot, dutch over or skillet bring 1-1.5 inches of oil to frying temperature over medium-high heat. Once the oil is sizzling, add the tortilla wedges. Fry 30 second to one minute on each side, or until they are puffy and golden brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon or spider and place on paper towels. While the tortillas are still hot and before the oil has dried, toss them in the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat.